Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pink, Orange & White

Hi everybody! Today I'm gonna share a card with an image of Tilda being happy.  Last week, I got my first (2) TOP #3 for my cards.  As a beginner, that's a big thing for me. And exactly a week ago today, I had the same emotion as Tilda (on this card).  

I received an email from Lena, the editor of Magnolia Ink, telling me that 

I won the "Make a Card for a Bridal Couple" Contest. 

And I literally jumped out of bed! LOL  I was sooo excited and overwhelmed at the same time. It was my first time to enter the Magnolia Ink contest...and my card was chosen as the winner!
Beginners luck? Pretty much!

I have to admit that until now, my excitement it still at it's peak! Especially that I have not seen the Magnolia Ink CherryBlossoms & Lilacs yet.
 The magazines are still on pre-order on the webshops that I go to...so until I see my card in the magazine...I'm still waiting for things to sink in!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After reading Lena's email (over and over and over  LOL), I colored a few of this same image as my coloring practice for the week.  I usually stamp an image several times and use them for practice and when I find one that I like, I set it aside for a project.

Here, I used Distress Ink Reinkers.  I've been mixing some colors to get a certain shade but so far I haven't come up with a new color combo yet.  When I do, I will share it you.

I'm entering this card here:
Magnolia Down Under Challenge #135: Colour Combo Pink Orange and White


 I didn't have any orange flowers so I just colored some ivory hybrid tea roses and an ivory cherry blossom from WOC with Wild Honey Distress Ink.
 I also used Worn Lipstick for the white aster daisies and another cherry blossom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 The Magnolia Doohickey I used: Mini Doily, Vintage Leaves, Vintage Tag
Punches: Martha Stewart  Branch Punch, Border Heart Punch (I'm not sure of the name)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lastly, I used some orange ribbon and twine, some orange and pink sticky gems. I also stained the edges of the paper and the doily with Vintage photo. The paper is from MME Gertie Paper. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colours, so bright and happy!

    Smiles from Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous hun I love it. Great job coloring in Tilda she's beautiful.
    Congratulations on your win! Good for you, your work is fabulous.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your recent carding success. I love what you have created today it is just stunning. THe bright colours and your pretty colouring just make it pop.
    Thanks for sharing and joining with us at MDUC this week hugs from Bron xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win Mae!
    I love your card, your colouring is stunning!
    A really beautiful bright card :)

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Colour Challenge!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!