Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red/Pink and White

Finally, I'm ready post this card before the day ends.  The image reminds me of Darla in The Little Rascals movie when she was singing with Waldo and she had a line...
"take my heart, but please don't break it..."  I worked all night with this image.  It took me almost an hour just to make her dress (yes, just the red part of her dress) to look like that. 



Supplies used:
Magnolia Stamp: Tilda with Wrapped Heart
Medium: Distress Ink (Reinkers)
Echo Park Yours Truly 6X6 pad
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Spellbinders Die: Label #18
Magnolia Doohickey Dies: Romantic Border, Bloomy Tag, Heart Swirls
White lace ribbon, Red/white Twine, charms from my stash
Flowers are from WOC 
(I spray colored the red roses using Fired Brick and water)
Stamens: Wilton
Bazzill Cardstock: Red & white
dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am entering this card here:
Simply Magnolia: Red and/or Pink and White Challenge
Wild Orchid Challenge: Love is


Happy Valentines!

Hugs,
Mae



9 comments:

  1. this card is absolutely amazing.
    beautiful

    Greetings, jaimy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Jaimy! You really made my day!

      Hugs,
      Mae

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your card is gorgeous!
    Lovely details ♥♥♥
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x

    Please could you consider taking of the word verification, for someone like me who is dyslexic this is very hard, i have to get hubby to do it for me, this way people like me can comment on your gorgeous work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pops. Thanks for dropping by and appreciating my work. I have been trying to get rid of that word verification thing but I just don't know how. I thought I was able to get it off since I had a few comments coming. Thanks for the reminder. I'll try to figure out how to get it off.
      Hugs,
      Mae

      Delete
    2. I think I finally figured it our. I had to go to the "old interface" or old setting. There, I found the word verification options. Thanks for the reminder. Have a great day!

      Mae

      Delete
  4. i just saw your card over at WOC and wanted to tell you it's just beautiful! your design and all your details really go well together, and your coloring is great! good luck with the WOC challenge! blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... You're so sweet, Karen. Thanks! God bless!

      Mae

      Delete
  5. Amazing card! You colored in Tilda beautifully!!!! I love all your beautiful embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us for this weeks challenge at Simply Magnolia it was a pleasure seeing your work. I'm your newest follower.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!