Sunday, March 4, 2012

Feel Better

It's Sunday! And today I'm gonna share a easel card with an image from Lili Of the Valley called Little Nurse. Another one of my favorite stamps.  I colored the image with Distress Ink Reinkers. 
 MME 6x6 Lost and Found Market Street is what I used for my patterned paper.  It kinda looks pink in the picture but it really is peach.

The bandaid and the "feel better" sentiment is from Studio G.



 The sentiment inside is hand written.

The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I painted the white wild roses and the open roses with Dried Marigold to get that peach color.  I find it better to color or stain my flowers to get a certain shade or color to match the card. A few weeks ago, I ordered a bunch of white, ivory and cream flowers so I can play around and color or stain them. 

I stitched around the patterned paper and the image with my sewing machine. I used Magnolia Doohickey Dies (Tags), peach ribbon, brown/white twine, bazzill paper (sugar cream) and the sticky pearls.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Challenges:

Lili's Little Fairies: Peaches and Cream

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Mae

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mae, Ah this is super what a cute card, I love the colouring its stunning. What a great idea with the tag in the side too. Thanks for playing with my sketch on MAWTT this week, Hazel xx P.S I have candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww honey how absolutely adorable. I love the cute little band-aids Great coloring and this card would is sure to brighten anyone's day.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mae, What a gorgeous card. Love the image and you've coloured her beautifully.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute - and i just love the little elastoplast embellies
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Mae, love all the flowers and different elements you have added, it makes it so dimensional. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    PS - I have some blog candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!