Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wedding


 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Here's a project I wanna share. It's my version of a an explosion box (if that's what it's really called...) When you take off the lid, you see this wedding scene. Before I started making cards, I have pondered upon learning how to decorate cakes. I have a couple of friends who can bake so delicious cakes and decorate them beautifully! While thinking about it, I needed to learn how to bake a cake first before I learn how to decorate it. *** Sigh*** So I thought, I might as well just decorate a cake made of paper. And here is my first decorated cake...inside a box card.
~*~*~*~*~*~
I used Magnolia Stamp: Tilda & Edwin, Doohickeys: Bloomy Tag, Vintage Lace, Heart Swirl, 
Dream Tag, Heart Tag, Wedding Paper Pack, WOC flowers, lace ribbon,
 charms, cheese cloth and lots of glue!
I colored Tilda and Edwin using Distress Inks.  Stitched the paper pieces and stained some tags with Vintage Photo.

~*~*~*~
Challenges:
Simply Magnolia: Anything Goes
7kidsCollege Fund Challenge: #43 Anything Goes








~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Mae



6 comments:

  1. OK...Im gonna have to demand a turtorial on this one!!! LOVE IT!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... this is really amazing card!!!!
    I LOVE IT!!!

    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is absolutely gorgeous, fabulous, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mae! I just smiled when I read about you wanting to decorate ckes until you relized you'd have to bake the cake too! hehe! I think you've come up with the perfect solution...just decorate a paper cake! I love the way you think! hehe! This is beyond STUNNING! Seriously! How long did it take to create this masterpiece?! I am in awe! And I am just delighted that you've joined us this week at 7 Kids so that we could experience your amazing creation! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous wedding box! It's simply stunning and I my jaw is just dropped open in awe of your creation! So glad you could join our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!