Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tim Holtz Tags of 2015: February

Hey crafty friends.
I have a Valentine's tag to share with you today. I used lots of Tim Holtz products and I'll have a link on the supplies at the bottom of the post.


 I used a #8 Manila Tag and I made a collage using from the Ephemera Pack.  Before adhering the paper pieces to the tag, I inked up the edges using Walnut Stain Ink pad and a blending tool. Then I adhered the pieces using gel medium and a brush. Then I cut the edges that were sticking out and I also applied gel medium all over the tag to seal it in.


 I was listening to some old songs the other day and the song that I that got stuck in my head was "Cherish" from Kool and the Gang.  So I thought I'd made it the sentiment for my tag. The words are from the Chitchat sticker collection and before I adhered the words to the tag, I stained the edges with Walnut Stain ink pad and a blending tool.


For the heart, I die cut one of the hearts from the Mini Movers and Shapers Hearts.  Then I crumpled a small piece of tissue paper then adhered it to the heart.  I cut along the edges and inked up the heart using Fired Brick Ink Pad directly.  I used the Industrious stickers for the oval frame and the corners at the bottom of the tag.

The arrow and the word stick were painted with Distress Paint in Picket Fence and adhered just above the lace.  To look more distressed and grungy, I used a brown Faber Castell PITT brush marker on the edges of the each adhered piece and blended it with my fingers.


*~*~*~*~*
Challenges:
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015: February
Inspiration Emporium: Love Is In the Air
*~*~*~*~*

That is it for me today. I hope you like my tag.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!


Follow on Bloglovin


Supplies used:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mae, i found your blog today. Full of wonderful creations. :) Glad that i found your blog and will follow you now :) This TAG is also stunning as the Cute Creations are.

    Hugs, Dunja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!